Introduction to 'Our Bridge Blog'


Hello Everyone! This is my first post on my new blog site www.our-bridge-blog.blogspot.com. Let me introduce myself first. My name is Tharinda. I’m from Sri Lanka. I’m an undergraduate student who’s following an Information Technology degree program. My favorite hobby is PLAYING BRIDGE! I learned to play bridge when I was 17 years old. At that time I didn’t know much about strategies. I was busy during that time because of my exams. After the exams, I wanted to learn the game properly. I had an account on Bridge Base Online which I hadn’t used much. One day I saw a link on homepage of Bridge Base which was a link to download “Learn to Play Bridge” program by ACBL. I downloaded that and went through all the materials. It took me about a month, but that time was worth it. I learned all the basic playing and bidding strategies which was more than enough for a beginner to start playing. Then I started playing bridge online. The more I play bridge, the more I love the game because bridge is a game one can play in his entire life time. Okay, that’s enough about me, let’s talk about this website.

What is 'Our Bridge Blog'?

Simply, 'Our Bridge Blog' is a blog site about the card game bridge. Here you can read many articles about bridge. This blog site is updated regularly. (Otherwise it isn’t a blog….) We publish articles about every aspect of the game. These articles are written not only about playing the game. (Declarer Play, Bidding, Defense) We hope to blog about EVERYTHING about bridge. (Bridge Events, Bridge History, Bridge Books, Famous Bridge Players etc.) Therefore I hope that any bridge player can enjoy reading our articles.

Why I started this blog?

There are very few web sites that publish articles about bridge regularly. All those articles are written by top players of the game. Therefore I wanted to create a blog where ALL bridge players can share their knowledge and passion about the game. After publishing some posts, I hope to create a system to let other players can publish their articles on my site. I’m sure this will be a new experience for bridge players.

Bridge Players, this is YOUR web site!

Comments

Post a Comment